The ultimate breakfast cookies are a bit more than an incredibly good breakfast cookie. They are a delicious snack, yummy dessert, overall a really, really good cookie. I mean REALLY good cookie 😉
They only have few ingredients, are easy to make.
The batter is so good it’s difficult not to eat it all and get some cookies to the oven to bake. And then you need your will power not to eat them all at once 🙂
These cookies are vegan, gluten free, processed sugar-free and very much clean eating. They are a joy to make and eat 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- Heat the oven to 180ºC /356 ºF. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add dates and 50ml of water to a microwave safe container, close it and microwave for 1-2 minutes until water boils. Leave aside for 10-15 minutes for the dates to steam.
- Add chia seeds and 6 tablespoons of water to a bowl. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add dates with the water, chia seed gel and coconut oil to a food processor. Dates should be still warm enough to melt the coconut oil.
- Process on high until a smooth paste is formed.
- Take the blade out of the bowl. Add buckwheat flour, baking powder and fold them into the date paste.
- Chop the almonds and add them with sunflower seeds to the dough. Mix well.
- Spoon the dough onto the parchment paper. Flatten each cookie with wet fingers. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and few chopped almonds and press them into the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.