Scrambled eggs avocado toast is a fantastic breakfast. Quick, healthy, and a good energy boost for the day.
The key here is good bread. Good quality bread will have only a few ingredients, won’t be overloaded with added sugar, preservatives or gluten. And the flavour will be better as well.
The smell of fresh bread, the crunch of the crust when you cut a slice and an incredible taste – that what good bread is all about. A good tip here – when you get a good bread, buy more, slice the bread and freeze it. It’s a great way to have fresh, warm toast on a busy morning.
Scrambled eggs is a very personal thing. Everyone likes them done slightly differently. My key to good scrambled eggs is not overcooking the eggs, adding a bit of butter and lots of ground black pepper.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 slice of bread (any bread you like, I used rye sourdough)
- 2 eggs
- small knob of butter
- 1 small avocado
- spring onion
- salad cress
- salt and pepper
- Heat a good non-stick pan on medium-low heat. Add a bit of butter and crack in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, mix the eggs and cook to your liking.
- Toast the slice of bread.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop the avocado out and cut into slices.
- Finely slice the spring onion.
- Assemble your toast: arrange sliced avocado on the toast, top with scrambled egg, sprinkle with spring onion, cress, and black pepper.