This is a very bright and zingy smoothie. It’s sweet with that slight pineapple sourness in the background. Very refreshing.
I added oats, flaxseed and desiccated coconut to make this smoothie a more substantial breakfast. It’s like a tropical porridge but in a smoothie form.
Orange and banana add to the flavour combo. I really like adding oranges to smoothies. They give incredible flavour and pair really well with a lot of fruit combos. And banana is universal – it goes with everything 🙂
Pineapple and orange smoothie is great the next day as well. It keeps really well in the fridge, the oats are even better because they are like an overnight porridge. It’s definitely worth making an extra portion and have tomorrows breakfast sorted as well.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium orange
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of oats (rolled oats, Scottish porridge oats) - use gluten free oats if you are gluten free
- 1 tablespoon of golden linseed or flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 250 ml of water
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.