It always makes me smile when I can say about one of my creations – tastes so good and it’s good for you as well. As a person who likes to eat, proving to myself over and over that I can eat really delicious food that is absolutely beneficial for me, is a real achievement. Eating is a habit that develops more and more with practice. After years and years of bad food habits and completely askew relationship with food, it takes time for the new approach to sink in properly. Even though the new way is our way for few years now I’m still often surprised about the correlation between clean food and delicious food. Eating clean is not depriving, it’s really delicious. It may be hard to implement if you don’t know what you are doing, which way to go, how to develop new food habits. That’s why we created VeryBreakfast. To make clean food experience delicious and easy.
Now let’s break these peanut butter breakfast bites down and let me tell you a little about them.
How do these bites come even close to a breakfast food? Well, the way I see it, breakfast is about providing proper fuel to give you a good start to a day. We don’t want to run on empty or make our body deal with bad food instead of using that energy for the tasks at hand. And I’m here to cover all possible morning scenarios and to make sure you always have good food you can rely on.
Tha’s why peanut butter breakfast bites.
You can make them before hand, they keep really well for up to 1.5 – 2 weeks. This is your emergency kit when you don’t have time at all, when you need something quick and nutrition dense and when you feel like chocolate for breakfast. Let’s face it, we’ve all been there. Chocolate craving is a real monster that demands attention.
My goal when making these was to make a good energy boost power ball, I ended up with the most chocolatey dense, almost brownie like bites of pure deliciousness. No complaints here. I definitely am happy with the results.
And by the way, Peanut butter breakfast bites are great as a snack any time of the day when you need an energy boost. Just saying, make few more 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- Microwave dates and prunes with 3 tablespoons of water in a closed container for approx 1 - 1.5 minute until the water boils. Leave in a closed container for 10-15 minutes so the fruit can absorb the water, soften and cool.
- Add the soften dates and prunes with the liquid to a food processor. Add peanut butter, sunflower seeds, oat bran, cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Pulse few times so the ingredients combine and blend on high until mixture starts to clump.
- Divide and roll mixture between your hands to form small balls.
- Coat in cocoa powder or sesame seeds.