Oat pancake with fruit and strawberry jam is super quick to make and is a very satisfying breakfast.
The oat pancake is made only with few ingredients, simply mix them and cook on the pan. The most fiddly part is mashing the banana. I always use potato masher to speed things up. Fork doesn’t seem sufficient enough to do the job 🙂
Use whatever fruit you like and have available. The great thing about this breakfast is flexibility. You can’t go wrong here and every fruit combo you can think of will taste delicious.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of oats - approx 60g (rolled oats, Scottish porridge oats)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons of milk - approx 20ml
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- To serve: strawberry jam, mixed fruit of your choice (I used peaches, strawberries and blueberries), toasted sunflower seeds (optional), natural greek yogurt
- If you are using toasted sunflower seeds - heat non stick pan on medium heat and toast the seeds until golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl mash the banana. Add oats, ground flaxseed, milk and cinnamon. Mix well. The result will be a sticky dough rather than a batter.
- Heat a pan on medium-low heat. Add coconut oil and the pancake dough. Flatten the dough with a spoon until it's round shaped and approx 5mm thick.
- Cook or 3-5 minutes or until golden. Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- When the pancake is cooking prepare your fruit and strawberry jam.
- Assemble your plate: place the pancake on the plate, add 2-3 teaspoons of strawberry jam and spread over the pancake. Add the fruit and toasted sunflower seeds and yogurt.