Oat omelette with hummus and tomatoes is a real morning treat.
It’s really quick to make. You need few minutes for the omelette to cook and while that is happening there is time to prepare the tomatoes.
You can do that almost with your eyes closed first thing in the morning 🙂
It’s such a simple combo but the results are just amazing. Every bite is like a perfect bite of goodness.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 2 eggs
- 2 level tablespoons of oats (rolled oats, Scottish porridge oats)
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed (optional)
- a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of hummus
- fresh parsley and black pepper to sprinkle over the omelette (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add oats, ground flaxseed, salt, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika powder. Whisk well.
- Heat a good non-stick pan on medium heat. Add coconut oil and the egg mixture.
- Cook the omelette for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked through and then flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Roughly chop sundried tomatoes. Chop the parsley.
- Place the omelette on a plate, spread hummus over the omelette. Add cherry tomatoes and sundried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the omelette with chopped parsley and black pepper.