Going all green with mango, kiwi and spinach smoothie in the morning is very satisfying. It’s supposedly spring now but I don’t feel it yet. It’s very windy and rather dark still. Sunshine is nowhere to be seen. Hopefully, the weather will improve soon and I will start to see some fresh green colors outside. And more sun. I miss the sunny days but I think the worst weather wise is over now. I really don’t like the cold of winter.
In the meantime, the only fresh green is in my morning smoothie. Mango is very sunny and I think this is a very happy fruit. I know, it’s weird, but look at that color. Sunny yellow 🙂 Kiwi is a funny fruit. It’s all sour and the fuzzy skin is positively weird. But when it wants, kiwi can be very sweet indeed. Either way – sweet or sour there is a lot of goodness in kiwi. Definitely worth the time to peel it.
Making smoothies is about finding combos of greens and fruit and other goodness that work for you. I think it’s the best way to stuff your face with vitamins that actually taste good. Thinking about it, so far I haven’t found a smoothie combo that doesn’t work. I guess that’s the magic of blending 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1½ cups of spinach
- 2 tablespoons of oats (rolled oats or Scottish porridge oats)
- 200 ml of filtered or mineral water
- ½ of mango
- 2 kiwi
- 1 banana
- Add spinach, oats and water to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add peeled mango, kiwis and banana and blend again.
- If smoothie is too thick add a bit of water and blend again.
* To save time in the morning prep kiwi and mango in the evening and keep in the fridge till morning in a closed container.