A green smoothie is the way to go my friends. It’s pure energy in the morning. It’s the boost you need to start the day. It’s your coffee in green form. It’s all that’s good for you in a single serving glass. With this smoothie, you will start the day with a bang, a kick and you won’t look back.
Does it show that I drank this green smoothie before sitting down to write this recipe for you? I think I’m a bit hyper. I think I should embrace it, though, I’ll just roll with it.
It’s strangely satisfying to down a glass of the green smoothie. You know you actually gave your body the good stuff and your body in return will make you feel good. Feel good food. That’s what this smoothie is.
It’s also known as THE HULK SMOOTHIE. For obvious reasons, it had to be written in capitals. I mean it’s HULK, right? When my husband saw this smoothie that’s what he said – THE HULK. I couldn’t really argue with his logic, this smoothie is after all very green. I mean veeery green. And strong. It delivers quite a punch in the energy department.
It’s creamy, packed with vitamins and fiber and it’s naturally sweet. If you are worried it’s greener in taste, then you need not worry. That load of spinach and avocado are not in the forefront. What hits your taste buds it’s sweet fruit deliciousness. Kiwi, pear and banana are a very delicious combo, they go well together. Spinach and avocado are a humming in the back and boosting the sweetness. This smoothie rocks, I tell you. You have to try it, it’s so good.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 - 1½ cups of spinach
- 2 bananas
- 2 kiwi
- 1 pear
- 1 avocado
- 400 ml filtered water
- Add spinach and water to your blender, blend until smooth.
- Peel bananas and kiwi, roughly chop and add to blender.
- Wash and deseed pear. Roughly chop and add to blender.
- Cut avocado in half, take the stone out and scoop the flesh into the blender.
- Blend again until smooth.
* If the smoothie is too thick, add a little water and blend again.
* Smoothie will keep in the fridge and can be enjoyed the next day.
* Recipe ingredients make 2 smaller glasses like on the pictures or 1 big glass of smoothie. 1 big glass is one serving.
* To save time in the morning, wash, peel and cut your fruit into chunks the night before and keep in the fridge ready for blending in the morning.
* If you like your smoothie super cool freeze the fruit you are going to use.