Granola breakfast bowl with strawberry jam is a great quick breakfast you can throw together in minutes. It’s even better in summer when there is lots of fresh fruit in season and you can pick and choose your favorite.
Strawberry jam is an instant jam without any added sugar. All you need to do is blend the strawberries with psyllium husk. Psyllium husk will thicken the jam without the need of cooking the strawberries.
If you don’t feel like the jam is sweet enough add a little bit of honey but usually when you get nice strawberries that’s not necessary. Strawberries are super sweet on their own.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 2-3 tablespoons of sesame and apricot granola*
- 1½ tablespoons of natural greek yogurt
- 1 peach
- few strawberries and blueberries
- 1-2 tablespoons of strawberry jam - recipe below
- Wash all your fruit and cut into bite size pieces.
- Assemble your bowl - add granola, yogurt and fruit to the bowl and add strawberry jam.
- 1½ cup of strawberries
- 1-2 teaspoons of psyllium husk
- Wash and add strawberries to the blender with 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk.
- Pulse until you reach the consistency you want (blend until completely smooth or with few fruit chunks still left).
- Psyllium husk will need few minutes to thicken the jam and the amount you need will depend of strawberries water content. Pour the jam into a bowl and leave for few minutes.
- If you feel the jam is not thick enough add more psyllium husk and leave for few more minutes.
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 days.