Gluten free tacos are basically gluten free oat pancakes loaded with all the good stuff – greens, cucumber, avocado and egg. When I carefully arranged all I wanted to have on the pancake and picked it up, I thought – it’s a taco! So here it is – yummy gluten free tacos which you definitely need in your life.
Every little parcel is carefully engineered. You want a perfect ratio of each ingredient. We are striving for a perfect bite here. You want that balanced flavour experience in your mouth when you bite in. So load them up as you see fit. Since there are a lot of veggies involved I think they can be safely called vegeterian breakfast tacos as well.
Did I mention there is mustard involved in this process? You need a bit of fiery dijon mustard to make this work.
Let’s get to work.
Cook, chop, assemble your taco, devour immediately, and repeat 🙂
Gluten free tacos variations
Only for breakfast?
These tacos are not only a great breakfast option. They are a perfect option for lunch, get together and make yourself brunch, or packed lunch option
Not eating eggs
Add beans or chickpeas instead
Any other salad leaf, lettuce or crunchy veg you like will work great here
Not a fan of mustard?
Mayo will be good here or any hot sauce you like
Prepare tacos ahead?
Definitely. Make them ahead and reheat them in a microwave, toaster or in a pan over medium heat
How to store tacos
Pancakes will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- ½ cup of oat flour (use gluten free oats for purely gluten free pancakes)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup / 250 ml of milk (I used oat milk)
- pinch of salt
- For the tacos:
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion
- a piece of cucumber
- a handful of your favourite greens
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Add oat flour, ground flaxseed, chia seeds with a pinch of salt to a bowl. Mix well.
- Add half of the milk and mix well until there are no lumps. Add remaining milk and mix well.
- Heat a good non-stick pan
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake to the pan. Spread the batter a bit with a spoon to form a round shaped pancake.
- Cook pancakes until almost cooked through for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for further 1-2 minutes.
- While the pancakes are cooking prepare taco ingredients.
- Soft boil the eggs and cut into quarters.
- Wash, peel the cucumber and cut into stripes.
- Destone the avocado, scoop the flesh out and cut each half into slices.
- Slice the green onion.
- Place all the taco ingredients on the table, placed desired ingredients on each pancake (don't forget the mustard) and dig in.