Flatbread breakfast pizza is totally delicious comfort food for breakfast. And since this flatbread is gluten free, yeast free and kneading free it’s much quicker to make than standard pizza.
I like fuss-free recipes and this flatbread is definitely fuss-free. Just mix the dry ingredients, add water, mix again, wait 15 minutes, roll and bake. See? Fuss-free 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour plus a bit extra for rolling the dough
- 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed (30g)
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk (10g)
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of water
- For the toppings: 3-4 tablespoons of passata, finely chopped garlic clove, a good handful of spinach, 3 eggs, 1 avocado, a handful of your favourite greens, chilli flakes
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix well.
- Gradually add the water until you reach a very wet dough.
- Leave the dough aside for 15 minutes so the ground flaxseed and psyllium husk can absorb the water.
- Flour slightly the work surface, work the dough in your hands for few seconds, flatten and roll to 5mm thickness.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat the oven to 200℃ to 392℉ fan.
- Bake the flatbread on its own for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take out the flatbread and top it with passata, finely chopped garlic clove, spinach, crack the eggs on top and return to the oven.
- Lower the heat to 180℃ to 356℉ fan and bake for another 8-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Top the baked flatbread with your favourite greens, sliced avocado and sprinkle with chilli flakes