They are pure energy in a single bite. Well, in two bites probably. Date and peanut butter power balls are quite powerful in terms of size as well.
These delicious parcels have lots of fiber, carbs, good fat from almonds and peanut butter to give you energy for the day.
They are great for busy morning breakfast, for a snack, to quickly catch a bite whenever you need a bit of pick me up.
Date and peanut butter power balls are a bit fiddly to make, but not difficult at all. All you need is a food processor and your hands.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- Open each date and stuff it with peanut butter. Don't let the peanut butter spill out too much out of dates because it will make the wrapping part more difficult.
- Place almonds in a food processor and blitz until you reach flour like consistency.
- If using almond flour, ignore the above step and add flour to a food processor.
- Add oat bran, ground flaxseed, coconut flour, banana, almond extract (if using) and a pinch of salt.
- Blitz together until the ingredients will form a ball of dough.
- If the mixture is a bit too dry add a splash of milk or water, if it's too wet, add a bit of oat bran.
- You want a sticky but pliable dough.
- Take the dough out of the food processor and divide it into 10 portions.
- Wet your hands slightly, take one portion of the dough into your hand, flatten it into a pancake, place the date in the middle and cover the date with the dough. Roll gently in your hands to form a ball. Continue with the remaining portions of the dough.
- Coat each ball in sesame or flax seeds.