Corn pancakes breakfast plate is a great nutritious breakfast that can be done in no time. Pancakes are really easy and quick to make. Just make the pancake batter with only few ingredients and cook until golden and fluffy.
And these pancakes are really delicious I have to say. They are savory and are a great alternative to any bread. They are fluffy, flavourful and give you that toast for breakfast experience.
They are so good with a bit of butter and few toasted seeds. A real morning treat.
Any leftover pancakes will keep in the fridge for few days and are great toasted. They will be good for breakfast the next day or as a snack.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt
- ½ cup of milk (cows, rice, almond - I used oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a good pinch of salt
- pinch of smoked paprika powder (optional)
- 1 cup of coarse semolina
- For the plate: 1 egg, ½ teaspoon of coconut oil, few cherry tomatoes, half of avocado, butter, toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, salt, and pepper
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add yogurt, milk, salt and smoked paprika powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Add semolina and baking powder. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat a good non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add approx 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake to the pan. Cook until golden, flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until pancakes are golden and cooked through.
- On the same pan, toast the sunflower and pumpkin seeds until golden. Set aside.
- Using the same pan - add the coconut oil to the pan, crack in the egg and cook it to your liking.
- Wash and half the cherry tomatoes.
- Half the avocado, scoop the flesh out and cut into slices.
- Assemble your plate - spread a bit of butter on the pancakes, sprinkle with toasted seeds and put them on the plate. Add the cooked egg, sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with ground pepper.