Adding cocoa powder to the porridge is such a great way to get that chocolatey, creamy experience. Chocolate porridge with peach and blueberries is just that – a bit of chocolatey goodness in the morning without the excess sugar. It’s so good with blueberries and peach slices. Sesame seeds give that little nuttiness and crunch. This is a really good porridge.
Cinnamon is hiding nicely in the background and I think it works nicely in this porridge.
Add few dates if you feel like something sweeter. I would suggest to add them to the oats and cook them. This way they become gooey and melt into the chocolate porridge.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- In a bowl mix the oats, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Add milk and water, and microwave for 2-3 minutes on high until the porridge boils and rise - that means it's done.
- If you are using dates, cut them in smaller chunks and cook them in the porridge. This way they will be gooey and toffee like.
- While the porridge is cooking wash and cut the fruit.
- Once the porridge is cooked stir it and if you want a thinner porridge, add a splash of milk and stir again.
- Add the fruit to the porridge and sprinkle with sesame seeds.