Chocolate porridge is the answer to the reoccurring morning dilemma of – I want something chocolatey for breakfast, and – I probably should eat something more sensible instead.
Adding cocoa powder to your porridge is such a great way to get that chocolatey, creamy experience you crave. Chocolate porridge with peach and blueberries is just that – a bit of chocolatey goodness in the morning without the excess sugar. Which means you are having a healthy chocolate porridge, you are getting the chocolate kick, and since this is an easy chocolate porridge you are not spending the whole morning to achieve the chocolate bliss. Plus the chocolate porridge is s so good with blueberries and peach slices. Sesame seeds give that little nuttiness and crunch. Cinnamon is hiding nicely in the background. This is a really good healthy chocolate porridge.
Add few dates if you feel like something sweeter. I would suggest to add them to the oats and cook them. This way they become gooey and melt into this easy chocolate porridge.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- In a bowl mix the oats, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Add milk and water, and microwave for 2-3 minutes on high until the porridge boils and rise - that means it's done.
- If you are using dates, cut them in smaller chunks and cook them in the porridge. This way they will be gooey and toffee like.
- While the porridge is cooking wash and cut the fruit.
- Once the porridge is cooked stir it and if you want a thinner porridge, add a splash of milk and stir again.
- Add the fruit to the porridge and sprinkle with sesame seeds.