Chickpea paste aka hummus is my version of a classic hummus. My version because I prefer mashed chickpeas instead of a blended version. I like a more textured paste where I control the level of mushiness so to speak 🙂 If you prefer, just blend all the ingredients in a food processor 🙂
This paste is great with the Buckwheat flour flatbread. Go and check out the recipe 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- Drain the chickpeas and add to a bowl.
- Mash with a fork or potato masher until you reach desired consistency (I partially mashed the chickpeas leaving a more coarse texture)
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to begin with, olive oil, tahini, a pinch of salt, cumin, smoked paprika and mix well.
- Taste and if needed adjust the seasoning by adding more lemon juice and salt.
- Add sesame seeds and stir them in.
- Serve with Buckwheat flour flatbread