To mix things up a bit I blended berries with cantaloupe and the result is cantaloupe and berry smoothie. To be honest the colors of the berries and cantaloupe were the inspiration for this smoothie and as it turned out a quite tasty inspiration. The peachy-orange color of the cantaloupe and dark color of the berries are so beautiful next to each other. I wondered what color smoothie they would create. I wanted to blend a cantaloupe for a while now. I was just looking for the right combo and here it is 🙂
The smoothie is sweet and thick. The combo of flavors works great together. Golden linseed is a protein and fat source as well as fiber.
And the color of the smoothie is fantastic – very rich and dark.
If you leave the smoothie until the next day it till thicken quite a bit because of golden linseed. The thick version is delicious as well. Just stir the smoothie and add a splash of water if you find it too thick.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 cup of cantaloupe (peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup of blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of golden linseed or flaxseeds
- 250 ml of filtered water
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.