This is my go to omelette these days. It’s so satisfying. Taste buds are humming happily when you eat this combo. Creamy avocado, crunchy apple and gherkin. Sweet and tangy. And the omelette itself. Creamy egginess. The perfect bite would be with all of those 4 things on the fork. Grab a bit of avocado, follow with a slice of apple, a slice of gherkin and finish with omelette bite. All four on your fork. Put it in your gob. Enjoy. And repeat. That’s how I eat this omelette.
I know it’s a very explicit instruction. I’m definitely having “The Mirror Has Two Faces” moment every time I have this omelette.
The omelette was never my thing, I have to say. Too bland and eggy. People were eating omelettes and raving about them and I just couldn’t see what the fuss is about. Well, it turned out the key is the cooking method. I guess it’s not surprising. Eggs need to be treated with love and cooked the same way. And in return, they are a fantastic tasting creamy goodness. All you need is a good non-stick pan, a bit of coconut oil or butter. And salt and pepper. The key is in bringing the cooked egg from the sides towards the middle and filling the gap that appears with uncooked egg mixture by tilting the pan. Do that few times and you will be left with a thin layer of uncooked egg mixture on top of the cooked eggs. End this layer is constantly heated by the cooked eggs beneath and it’s lightly being cooked this way. Don’ flip the omelette, just fold it. And voila, perfect omelette. Good to eat on its own. Fluffy and creamy eggs. Just add avocado, apple and gherkin and you have a great breakfast. I am a total omelette convert now.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil or butter
- half of avocado
- 1-2 gherkins
- 1 small sweet apple
- Wash, deseed and slice the apple.
- Slice the gherkins.
- Cut avocado in half, take the stone and scoop the flesh. Season with salt.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Add whisked egg into the pan.
- Bring the egg mixture from the sides to the centre and fill the gap that will appear with uncooked egg mixture by tilting the pan. Repeat few times. Cook the omelette until desired consistency.
- Fold the omelette, transfer onto the plate, serve with avocado, sliced apple and gherkins.