Bean and pepper hash with eggs is a quick version of a hash using canned beans instead of potatoes. It only takes few minutes to crisp the beans with all the spices and the result is positively delicious.
The spice combo gives a nice fragrant hum to the hash without hitting you over the head with intensity. I think in the morning you don’t need that kind of intensity but you definitely want a great tasting breakfast and that what this hash delivers 🙂
Bell pepper and tomatoes add sweetness to the hash and complement the beans and spices.
And you can’t go wrong with couple of eggs on top of that. Cooked to perfection with runny yolk 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 3 tablespoons of cannellini beans or any other beans you like (approx half of 400g can)
- half of bell pepper (use any color you like, I added yellow)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- pinch of smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of ground coriander
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- salad cress
- Drain the can of beans. Wash and chop the bell pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in a good non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add drained beans with chopped bell pepper.
- Add smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and coriander with a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Cook for few minutes until beans start to become crispy and bell pepper softens.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Crack in the eggs and season with salt.
- Cook the eggs to your liking - cover the pan with the lid so the steam can cook the eggs.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and cress and serve.