Banana and coconut porridge is sweet, fragrant and easy to make. Frying bananas in coconut oil gives bananas new level of sweetness. And it only takes few minutes to do that even with toasting the coconut. And it’s really worth these few extra minutes because fried bananas totally make this porridge.
And toasted coconut is so delicious with the porridge and bananas. It’s a really perfect combo.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- Add oats, with cinnamon (if using), sunflower seeds, water and milk to a bowl. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for approx 3 minutes until the oats boil (the porridge will rise in a bowl)
- Heat good non stick pan on medium heat. Add desiccated coconut or coconut flakes and toast until golden* Set aside.
- Add coconut oil to the same pan. Slice the banana and add to the pan.
- Cook banana slices for 1-2 minutes until golden and carefully flip them. Cook for a further minute until golden on the other side.
- Stir the porridge when it's done. Add banana slices to the porridge and sprinkle with toasted coconut.