Avocado and egg breakfast plate is not really a recipe but rather an idea how to put a great and quick breakfast plate together.
It’s a quick breakfast to make but to make it even quicker there are few things that can be done ahead o time.
Eggs can be boiled ahead and kept in the fridge for few days.
Seeds can be toasted ahead as well.
It’s really quick to cook the bacon and while that’s happening you can put the other bits together.
Another great thing about this plate that it’s a great breakfast to go. Just pack everything in a nice bento box and eat it on the train or at work.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 small avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 rasher of bacon
- a handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- few radishes and cucumber
- greens you like (I used lambs lettuce)
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Boil the egg to your liking *
- Toast the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a good non-stick pan on medium heat until golden**
- Cook the bacon in the same pan once the seeds are toasted.
- Wash radishes and cucumber and slice them.
- Cut avocado in half, take the stone out and scoop out each half. Sprinkle each half with lemon juice and toss in the toasted seeds until each avocado half is nicely coated with the seeds.
- Peel and cut the egg in half.
- Chop the bacon into bite size pieces.
- Assemble your plate: place avocado halves tossed in seeds and egg on the plate. Add your greens, cucumber and radish slices, add the bacon. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and lots of black pepper.
** Toast the seeds ahead. Toast a bigger batch and use for recipes like this plate, this savoury oatmeal bowl, with banana bread, or for snacking.
This is a great breakfast on the go. Pack all the ingredients in a bento box so you can have this breakfast on the train or in the office.