What’s fluffy, flavourful and incredibly delicious? Apple pancakes with peanut butter and berries! 🙂
Think peanut butter, think apples and cinnamon. And then think pancakes. Buckwheat flour pancakes with grated apple and cinnamon. It’s like single serving apple pies. Plus peanut butter and berries to serve. Oh yes, this great combo in pancake form is definitely worth a try.
Pancakes are easy and quick to make. I added oat bran and flaxseed flour to pancakes along with buckwheat flour for added nutrient and fiber component. Pancakes are fluffy and delicate. I didn’t add any extra sugar. Because of bananas and apple pancakes are slightly sweet. Flavors work great together and no extra sugar is needed.
Just smear peanut butter, add few berries on top and tuck in 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 2 bananas (248g peeled)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed (10g)
- 2 tablespoons of oat bran (20g)
- 85grams of buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries plus extra to serve (optional)
- peanut butter, blueberries and blackberries to serve
- Heat good non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Mash bananas in a bowl (a potato masher is great for this).
- Add 2 eggs, cinnamon and oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Add ground flaxseed, oat bran and buckwheat flour. Whisk until combined.
- Grate the apple and add to the batter. Add goji berries if using and stir until apple and berries are folded in the batter.
- Add approx 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake to dry, heated pan and spread a little.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes and flip.
- Cook on the other side for another 2-3 minute until pancakes are cooked through.
- Serve with peanut butter and berries.