When you need a quick breakfast, snack, a pick me up when energy is running low almond and raisin energy balls are just the thing for you. They are loaded with the good stuff that will keep you going and they are not lacking in the taste department either 🙂
They are sweetened only with raisins so add as much or as little as you like. Just make sure you buy raising without any added oil or sugar. Manufacturers tend to sneak those in so it’s good to read the ingredients list.
Almond and raisin energy balls are quick to make. All you need is your food processor and your hands. Blitz, roll and eat 🙂
These tasty nuggets will keep in the fridge for few days so just make a batch and enjoy throughout the week.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of cashews
- 3 tablespoons of golden linseed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- few drops of almond extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ banana
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs
- 3-4 tablespoons of raisins
- Add almonds, cashews, golden linseed and coconut flour to a food processor with a blade attachment. Blend until nuts turn into rough flour.
- Add almond extract (if using), vanilla extract and banana to a food processor. Blend until the mixture will start to come into a ball of dough.
- If the mixture is too dry add a bit more of the banana, if it's too wet add a little more coconut flour. You should be able to easily roll the balls in your hands.
- Add cocoa nibs and raisins to the mixture and mix them in with a spoon.
- Roll the balls in your hands. Press few cocoa nibs and golden linseed to each of the ball as a decoration (optional).