Almond and oat buns are a great breakfast treat. They are really delicious, nutty and soft.
Thye are gluten free but these buns don’t fall apart, do not require any weird binding ingredients. They are clean food, easy to make and great with any toppings you like.
Psyllium husk, as well as flaxseeds, are loaded with good fiber and with eggs is what holds these buns in shape. When you mix all the ingredients you have a very wet mixture which in 10 minutes turns into a sticky dough which you can easily form in hands.
You can make these buns ahead and toast them for breakfast, they will keep for few days in the fridge.
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- Blitz the almond in the food processor until you get a flour-like consistency and add to a bowl or if using almond flour add it to a bowl.
- Add oat flour, ground flaxseed, psyllium husk, baking powder and salt to the almond flour.
- Mix well.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and add the water. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 degrees Fahrenheit fan. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- After the 10 minutes wet your hands slightly, take approx 2 tablespoons of dough and form a ball.
- Place on the baking tray.
- You should get 6 buns from the dough.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and linseed.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until clean toothpick.