5 minutes avocado and tuna spread is something you definitely need in your life. It’s just few simple ingredients but when they are mixed together they form the most amazing tasting spread.
It literally take 5 minutes to make this spread, it can be made ahead and stored in the fridge, eaten straight away with loads of crusty bread, taken to work or to a picnic, eaten for breakfast, snack, lunch.
It’s a really versatile little thing that will put a smile on your face, I promise.
The idea came from tuna and mayo sandwich. But instead of mayo I used avocado for the creamy, velvety texture. And it really works. You don’t really need mayo when you have avocado 😉
Plus there are jalapenos in the spread. And jalapenos make everything better 🙂
Fuel Your Body, Charge Your Day
- 1 can of tuna in brine or water
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ of red onion
- few pickled jalapenos (depending how spicy you want the spread)
- a good squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- to serve: a good piece of toast, salad cress and radishes
- Cut the avocado in half, take the stone out and scoop it into a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Drain the can of tuna and add to avocado.
- Finely chop the onion and jalapenos - add to the bowl.
- Add a bit of jalapenos pickling juice, a squeeze of lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well and taste if more of the onion, jalapenos, lemon juice, salt or pepper is needed.
- Toast your bread.
- Slice the radishes.
- Assemble your toast: add slices of the radish, avocado and tuna spread, sprinkle with salad cress.