Eating clean doesn’t mean you have to give up sweet treats.
Like cookies. Cookies should be a part of your life.
When you are up against it and you need a bit of a breather tea and cookie break is what’s needed to keep you going. I know it works for me 🙂
This calls for clean eating approach to baking cookies. All you need is few real food ingredients and since I’m all about easy and quick cooking you will only use one bowl, one spoon and 15 minutes to prepare these cookies. After that, it’s all about making that tea and waiting impatiently for the cookies to bake.
What makes these cookies clean eating?
There is no processed sugar or processed anything in this recipe. Be mindful what kind of honey you are using. It’s best to buy raw honey. Most runny honey varieties are processed.
What makes it different from standard cookie recipe?
I use coconut oil instead of butter, ground almonds instead of flour and raw honey instead of sugar. And this combo makes a great cookie.
What makes this recipe super easy?
To make these cookies you literally add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a spoon. No melting, no food processors are needed.
These cookies are a big hit in my family. There are lots of tea breaks when these cookies are around 🙂
- 1 cup (120g) of ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (30g) of coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 tablespoons (30g) of raw honey
- a small pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- approx 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 347 °F fan.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add ground almonds, baking powder and salt to a bowl, mix well.
- Add the egg, coconut oil (no melted, just spoon it out of the jar), honey and vanilla or almond extract (if using) to the bowl with the ground almonds. Mix all the ingredients well until you get a ball of dough. Make sure all the coconut oil and honey are mixed in with the ground almonds and there are no visible lumps.
- Wet your hands and divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a bowl, flatten it in your hands and place on the baking paper.
- Leave enough room between the cookies, they puff up a bit when baked.
- Sprinkle each cookie with flaked almonds and press them slightly into the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- They will be quite soft straight out of the oven. Leave them to cool for 10 minutes.